QR Code - go ahead see if it works!

QRCode

Friday, October 23, 2009

Whoduknit Halloween Swap

This week was rather hideous.  My son had the flu.   I was scheduled for my mammogram, which I slept through . . . not the mammogram but the appointment.  My van stopped working (something with the computer which is fortunate since it only cost $158 rather than another $1,100 which I spent on it two weeks ago . . . oh, and the air-conditioning still doesn't work). 

But, today, I came into work.  And found this on my desk:



It is my package from Claire, my Whoduknit Trick or Treat Swap person.  It is totally awesome and you wouldn't believe the great stuff she jammed into this box and, frankly, these pictures don't do her justice:

The beautiful varigated yarn on the right is Plymouth Yarn Mushishi (95% wool, 5% silk) and, yes, it is as big as it looks with a whopping 491 yards.  I'm thinking about just drapping it around my neck.  It is luscious!

There was also a pattern from Plymouth Yarn using the Mushishi and will make fingerless Gloves, leggings and hat.  Along with the knitting needles to use to make it (Clover bamboo cables)
The other skein of brown yarn is 217 yards of Berroco Vintage wool.  It is very soft and warm and the color is more like a dark chocolate.  There was a book of patterns to use the Vintage wool . . . and the right size knitting needles to make any of the hats in the book.

There were also two crochet magazines
I have already identified a couple of things I want to make from each . . . Did you know that you could crochet socks?!?!?!?!?  Woo hoo!


There is also a book called "Caterd Halloween" by Isis Crawford and last, but not least, FIVE Heath Bars.  I will pace myself and make them last at least through Halloween . . . I promise, maybe!

4 comments:

Jane said...

WOW! What a great package!

Jane said...

What a great package - enjoy!

Stephanie... said...

What a great box to receive, esp. after such a rigorous week! Any heath bars left? I would have polished them off in one sitting.

Unknown said...

Yes, there are Heath bars left . . . I am pacing myself. LOL!