QR Code - go ahead see if it works!

QRCode

Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Fill In - August 14, 2009




1. When will we have consistently good weather?

2. Persuader by Lee Child was the last good book I read.

3. Everything has its beauty but sometimes you have to dig really, really deep to find it!

4. Good veggies from the garden is what I had for dinner.

5. I'd like your ideas about how I can get my daughter to keep an her options open with respect to college . . . she is starting her Junior year in high school and keeps narrowing her scope based solely on what her friends are doing.

6. Home in bed is where I want to be right now.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing nothing, tomorrow my plans include dentist appointment, laundry and church and Sunday, I want to hem my new slacks, replace a zipper, clean the closets!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Such great answers to question #3. And garden fresh veggies are fabulous.

I don't have any great answers to give you about your daughter since I am just starting out with my children but remembering my college years....She is trying out her independence and may not want to listen to you, so I'd say let her know about the options but don't push too hard. If it helps, remember that even if you get a degree in a subject, you still have other career options (i.e. I have a psych. degree and I went on to teach English.)

danielle said...

who is going to support your daughter in college? then you need to say - for every place SHE chooses to consider, she has to look at a place YOU choose! Going off to college is scary - you think your whole world (as you know it) is ending (you will never see your friends again, etc) instead of opening up - but you only realize that AFTER you get to the other side....Dont build up your choices too much cause no matter what, in the beginning she will hate what you choose...one of my daughter's choices was Georgetown which I knew we jsut couldnt afford. So all I did was tell her, yeah it sounds great but you know you will only be able to come home for the summer and maybe Christmas (we live in CA)...suprisingly when she realized that, she crossed it off her list!

NoOne said...

Everyone's looking forward to bed today haha